// Travel Info
Cape Town // South Africa
Useful travel information for visitors to Cape Town, South Africa.
Temperatures are measured in degrees celsius. Cape Town receives most of its annual rain during the winter months. Summer is known to be mostly hot and dry.
Summer months: November – April / 26-32’C
Winter Months: May – October / 14-22’C
The standard electrical supply in South Africa is 220/230V AC 50Hz.
South Africa uses a unique 3-pin power outlet. Bring a sufficient adaptor.
Water is of a high quality and the tap water is safe to drink.
The South African currency is the Rand.
As a travelling motorcyclist to South Africa, you will need the following:
● Personal Travel and medical insurance
● Driver’s License in English. If your driving license is not in English, an international driver’s license must be obtained before arriving in South Africa. Your driving license must include a photo of yourself and a signature.
● Credit Card and cash (South African Rand)
● Protective riding gear (helmet, jacket, boots and gloves)
● Warm underlayer clothing (Autumn – Winter months)